Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

01 February 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say?: Favorite Romances




Hi and welcome to What Does the Bookworm Say?, a feature that I am doing with my friends The Reader's AntidoteElegantly Bound Books and The Windy Pages. We often get into bookish discussions over email and thought it would be a fun idea to discuss these topics on our blogs. This week's topic is Favorite Romances.

Since it's almost Valentine's Day, we thought we'd get an early start on the love train by talking about some of our favorite romances. I feel like I talk about romance all the time so I thought I would mix this up by picking a genre that I don't read a whole lot of - contemporary romance. I am usually more of a paranormal or historical girl when it comes to my romance books, but occasionally I do find a good contemp that piques my interest. Here are some of my faves.


After The Night by Linda Howard - My friend Nasya is a romance novel expert and she recommended this to me right when I started reading romance a few years ago. Though it's a little dated now, I still love to re-read it now and then. This has two characters who really hate each other (they have a history) but who have insane chemistry. Of course they fall in love, and it's awesome.

Love Irresistibly by Julie James - Though I like all of the books in James's FBI series, this is one of my favorites because Cade, the male protagonist has been kicking around in the series for a while just waiting for his HEA. He's pretty grumpy but Brooke is a great match for him. Funny and sweet.

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren - Another book where the two main characters can't stand each other (you'll notice that this is one of my fave tropes). This whole series is just really hot and fun to read.

About Last Night by Ruthie Knox - This super cute romance features a very attractive, charming Brit. Can't go wrong there.

Changing the Game by Jaci Burton - Not only does this have a smoking hot cover, it also has a really great romance. This is one of those sex with no strings that turns into true love romances. Very fun and the love scenes are very creative.

That's my list of favorite contemporary romances. If you have a favorite contemporary romance you think I should read, let me know in the comments below.

Be sure to check out the other lovely bloggers who are also participating - The Reader's AntidoteElegantly Bound Books and The Windy Pages.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.