Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

28 February 2014

Uncovered (98): Peacemaker


Hi, everyone and welcome to another week of Stacked, a feature to showcase a pretty cover that I am coveting. This week's cover is Peacemaker by Marianne de Pierres, which you may remember from a haul post I did a couple of weeks ago. I received and e-ARC from the publisher and I have to say that it was the cover that initially interested me in the book. Thanks to She-Wolf Reads who let me know that the cover artist for this book is Joey Hi-Fi. He's done some really incredible covers for publisher Strange Robot which includes this one as well as the covers to the Blackbirds series by Chuck Wendig.

I am a huge fan of illustrated covers so this one immediately caught my eye. Love the detailing on this and the more you look at it the more you see. Hi-Fi often does really fine, detailed drawing and and this is a great example of that. It definitely has a sci-fi western vibe with the horses, her classic gunslinger stance and the futuristic buildings and spaceships. The colors are a little unusual and I like the pop of purple as well. I don't know if this book and cover would appeal to everyone, but it's definitely something that I would want to read.

Let me know what you guys think of this cover in the comments. If you like Joey Hi-Fi's work, check out this great interview that he did over at She-Wolf reads. Happy readying, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.