Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

01 March 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say?: Booktube



Hi and welcome to a new feature here on Nite Lite called What Does the Bookworm Say? that I am doing with my friends at The Reader's AntidoteElegantly Bound Books and The Windy Pages. This week's topic is about Booktube.

If you don't know, Booktube is a term that's being used to refer to the growing community of book bloggers that are reviewing and posting via Youtube channels. To tell you the truth, I really don't know much about Booktube. I know that there are bloggers out there doing their thing on Youtube, but I personally prefer to consume my book reviews the traditional way (reading) rather than watching them. I am not sure why but I lose interest quickly when watching a video review. I also like being able to reference the review or search for online, which you can't really do with video. That said, I think videos can be good for haul posts or discussion posts. Obviously interviews work well as videos, too.

I don't really have any favorite Booktube channels because, like I said, I don't really watch much of it. The only channel I can think of that I watch with any regularity is Renkellyn, who used to blog at 365 of Reading. I don't know if she still blogs traditionally but I enjoy her videos.

So what do you guys think? Love Booktube or never heard of it? Are there are any Booktubers out there that I need to watch? And be sure to check out what The Reader's AntidoteElegantly Bound Books and The Windy Pages thought of this topic as well. If you have a topic you'd like us to cover, just leave it in the comments below. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.