Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

31 March 2014

Manicure Monday (57): Silence



Welcome to Manicure Monday, a post combining my love of nail polish and reading. Each week I'll show you one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure. Enjoy!

Happy Monday, all. It's crazy that March is almost over. I am not sure where the time is going but I need more of it. :) For this week's Manicure Monday, I have Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick. It's been ages since I read the second book in the series and I figured I should get back to it. I loved the first book in the Hush, Hush series but was not so in love with book 2. It's been so long though that I've kind of forgotten what happened in the last book so I may need to go back and give myself a bit of a refresher.

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

This is a really beautiful cover full of shades of black, silver and grey. I started off with two coats of Zoya Freya on my forefinger and pinkie. Freja is a shimmery medium grey that matched the cover well. Next I used a small mixing straw and CND Silver Chrome (metallic silver) to create a splatter effect to mimic the look of the crashing waves. You just out some polish at the end of the straw and blow really hard onto your nail. I got a little light headed but the effect is nice. 

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Next, I painted one coat of CND Silver Chrome onto my middle and ring fingers for a nice, silver background. I knew I wanted to incorporate feathers into this look and decide to do some stamping to do it. I used Cheeky plate m77 and Kleancolor Black Creme to stamp feathers onto those two nails. The feathers came out really clean looking and it only took me a few tries to get it, which is pretty good for me.

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

 For my thumb,  I used Kleancolor Black Creme as a base and stamped it with a feather print from Bundle Monster plate BM-419 with CND Silver Chrome. It definitely took me a few tries before I was able to get the whole image of the feather onto the stamp. I'm glad I was patient though because I love how the thumb turned out. 

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

So there you have my Silence manicure. Hope you guys like it. What are you reading this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.