Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

10 March 2014

Manicure Monday (54): The Wig In The Window


Hi and welcome to Manicure Monday, a weekly feature where I share one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure. Thanks for stopping by.

Hello and good morning. I am sure I will be feeling the effects of daylight savings time on Monday, but I am glad to have a little extra sunlight in my day. Today's manicure is inspired by The Wig In The Window by Kristen Kittscher.


I've been catching up on some of my YA and middle grade books lately and this one was high on my TBR list. I love this cover and the fun, adventurous feel of it. I knew I wanted to incorporate the window and title into manicure. First I painted on two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, a white creme with just a touch of grey, onto all of my nails. 


After the base color was fully dried, I used strips of Scotch tape that I cut into thin pieces to tape off stripes onto my nails. Then I used Zoya Blu, a pale blue creme, to make the light blue stripes. After that shade was completely dry, I went back in with more tape and made stripes with MAC Blue India, a slate blue grey creme. This was actually the hardest part of the manicure. The nail polish had to be really dry before putting the tape on or else I risked messing up the layers underneath. And the little strips of tape were pretty annoying. But the overall effect was nice so it was worth it.


Then using OPI Anti-Bleak (purple) and a small nail brush, I painted in the name of the book. I knew I was going to have trouble fitting "Window" in and I just barely got it on my thumb with a bit of maneuvering. For the final touch, I added a few ivy leaves in using green and white acrylic paint. Sealed it all with top coat and it was done!



Even though this looks pretty simple, it was pretty fiddly with all of the stripes. I wish the light blue stripes showed up a little more in these pics but you can kind of see them. But overall I like this one and think it represents the cover well. 

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the book right now and it's a really fun book so far. I haven't read a MG book in a while and this is a nice change of pace. Thanks for checking out today's post. Let me know what you think of it below. Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.