Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

03 March 2014

Manicure Monday (53): Scent of Magic


Hello! Manicure Monday is a weekly feature where I mash up my love of nail polish and reading together to showcase one of my current reads along with a matching manicure. Enjoy! 

I didn't start any new books this week. My commute was terrible last week and I was just too tired to read much, Luckily I still have a couple of manicures left in the wings from my Maria V. Snyder feature done for the release of her last book. Today I am showing you the manicure I did for Scent of Magic


I wasn't going to draw the guy or girl from the cover so I decided to focus on the colors and the forest in the background. First, I used one coat of American Apparel The Valley, a beautiful sky blue with a hint of green, on all of my nails. Next I created clouds by using a makeup sponge and Cult Nails Tempest (white), patting it on to create a mottled sky.


I sealed it all with top coat and then went back in with acrylic paint and painted tiny trees on my nails. I wanted to incorporate the yellow from the ribbon on the cover and added yellow accents to the trees.



This was a fun look to do. It matches only subtly but I liked how it turned out. If you haven't checked out Maria's books, you really should, because they are pretty great. Hopefully I'll be back next week with a new manicure. Happy reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.