Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

24 March 2014

Manicure Monday (56): All These Things I've Done

Hello and thanks for checking out Manicure Monday, a weekly post where I combine my love of reading with my love of nail polish. Each Monday I'll show you a book I am currently reading along with a matching book manicure. Enjoy!

Hello, hello. I hope you all had a good weekend. I saw Divergent yesterday and I really, really liked it. As a movie I think it worked really well and it wasn't cheesy or all about the romance. I am not the biggest fan of the book and I think it took all the parts of the book that annoyed me and made it into a really good movie. Anyhow, you came here for a manicure, right? Today's Manicure Monday post features All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin. Warning that this post might be a little bit more picture heavy than usual because I really liked how the pictures came out for it.


As you can see, I am using the original hardcover design as the inspiration for my manicure. The series went through a cover change after the first book and while I enjoy the sci-fi feel of the new covers, I prefer the understated simplicity of the original.


I started off with two coats of a very opaque white called Tempest by Cult Nails. I used Essie Little Brown Dress, a dark, dark brown to create the chocolate heart and drips. Using a small nail brush, I drew in the heart on my middle finger. This was actually easier than I thought it was going to be though I did have to fiddle to get the perfect shape.


Next, using a small brush I made drip nails on my other fingers. You can do an internet search for a more detailed tutorial but basically you make a little moon at the top of the nail and then draw in drips that are different heights. I tried to make the drips fatter at the bottom to look like it was really dripping. To give everything a more three-dimensional look, I went back in after the brown was dry and added some white highlights.



I actually meant to do one of my front fingers with the red drips to match the title font, but I was concentrating so hard on making the drips looks perfect that I totally forgot to switch colors. So I did the red on my thumb instead.


The drip manicure wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be and my results are still a bit messy but, overall, I like this one a lot. I am hoping to finish the book soon because the author is coming to a local book store next month. This book has been on my TBR pile for a long time now and this is good motivation to finally read it.

Thanks for stopping by today. Let me know what you think of this manicure in the comments below. Have you guys read this book already?

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.