Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

24 February 2014

Manicure Monday (52): To All the Boys I've Loved Before


Hello! Manicure Monday is a weekly feature where I mash up my love of nail polish and reading together to showcase one of my current reads along with a matching manicure. Enjoy!

Looks like Monday has come around again. I should be on the road back to LA today. I had such a great time this weekend hanging out with my parents and fondling yarn at Stitches West. It'll be sad to go back to reality on Tuesday. If you saw yesterday's haul post, you might have been able to guess what today's manicure was going to be. It's To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. Thanks again to Aly from Kid Lit Frenzy for lending me her ARC. I'll probably be posting a review on Aly's site once I have finished the book. 

I had a lot of fun with this manicure and I think it came out well. Let's see how I did it.



First I have to say that I love the color palette of this cover. Pink and green are so girly and fun together. It's a pretty simple cover but I was able to pull a few motifs from it that I wanted to translate to my nails. First, I used 2 coats of Cult Nails Tempest, a great white creme, on all of my nail except for my pinkie finger. The first design element I wanted to re-create was the stripey blanket that the girl on the cover is laying on. Using a super skinny nail art brush, I made stripes using Orly Fresh (green), OPI Pink Friday (pink) and Kleancolor Black

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Next was my favorite part. It's hard to see but the sheets on the bed have a very small rose pattern on them. There are plenty of online tutorials on how to make roses on your nails. First, I used a small dotting tool (though you can use a toothpick or small brush) to create the blooms. I made blob-like shapes with OPI Pink Friday. Then I went back in with a darker pink, Misa Lovely Lychee, and just made small marks like commas on top of the light pink blobs. This creates the illusion of petals. Then I went in with Orly Fresh again and made tiny stems and leaves.  

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

I really like how the flowers came out. They are so dainty and cute looking and look way harder than they actually are. 

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

For my pinkie, I decided to create the look of a disco ball since there is one on the right hand bottom side of the cover. I used 3 coats of CND Silver Chrome as a base and topped it off with China Glaze Techno, a crazy silver glitter. 

Overall I really liked this manicure. So many people complimented me on it and the flowers were super cute. I am not too far into the book but am enjoying it. It's very different than my usual paranormal or dystopian read and I am just taking my time and am enjoying the change of pace.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Monday will be over soon, I promise. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.