Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

31 January 2014

Uncovered (95): The Shining Girls


I am a girl who judges books by their covers and Uncovered is a weekly post on my blog where I share a cover that I am currently lusting over. Enjoy!

This week's cover love is for The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes. I am not sure what it is about this cover that I find so striking but I really like it. It's pretty simple but the bold red is very eye catching and I like that it creates a frame for the cover. The wasp (bee?) and the styling of the woman's face and hair give the book a sort of vintage look. The expression on the woman's face is somewhat flat and emotionless, giving the whole thing a sort of creepy vibe, that I actually like. And it turns out that this book is about a serial killer, another creepy thing that I like. :)

Hope you guys liked this week's pick. Let me know what you think of it in the comments below. Have a great weekend!





1 comment:

  1. We were discussing on an art thread on pinterest how a single eye I'd very mysterious. I think this cover is another example. Very cool Uncovered! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.