Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

13 January 2014

Manicure Monday (47): Ketchup Clouds


Manicure Monday is a weekly feature that combines my love of nail polish and reading. Each week I'll show you one of my current reads along with what's on my nails.

Hello, again! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was pretty chill and I got to knit and do some shopping. I am still reading quite slow lately and haven't managed to finish a whole book yet. I know, crazy. But I am hoping to finish a couple soon. Today on Manicure Monday I have Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher. It's about a girl writing letters to a death row inmate because she feels guilty about killing a boy. I am just getting into it but it's interesting and a little creepy so far. This cover just begs to be a manicure.  


I used 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as a base for the manicure. Then I used black, red, and white acrylic paint and a small nail brush to pain on the ketchup clouds and the bird. I also decided to stamp some dandelions on my pinkie and ring finger. Very early on in the book the main character talks about dandelions and there is even a little illustration in the book. I could have drawn it but I really wanted to try this stamping plate. The plate is Vivid Lacquer VL006 and I stamped it with Kleancolor Black.

I am really not great at stamping so it took a few tries to get them right, but I finally managed it. you can see the dandelions below in the close ups.

with thumb!

up close and personal
I hope you liked today's manicure. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Has anyone read this book yet? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.