Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

20 January 2014

Manicure Monday (48): The Fault in Our Stars


Manicure Monday is a weekly feature that combines my love of nail polish and reading. Each week I'll show you one of my current reads along with what's on my nails.

Happy MLK, Jr. Day! I am lucky enough to have today off. I never have staycation type holidays so it's a real treat to just have a day off to catch up and chill out. I hope to finish The Fault in Our Stars by John Green tomorrow. Yes, I am finally reading it. Yes, it's pretty great so far. So that's the book I decided to do my Manicure Monday post on. 


I started off with a black base on my pointer and middle finger. Using Kleancolor Black, I painted on 2 thin coats. After they dried, I used a small nail brush and white acrylic paint to draw on the stars. 


On the other fingers, I used 2 coats of Barry M Cyan Blue as a base. Barry M is a UK brand and is, unfortunately, not available in the US. However, just pick a nice teal blue cream and you should be good to go. On my ring finger, I used acrylic paint to draw on the clouds to match the book's cover. For the last two nails I decided to use a fun black and white glitter topper to give my nails a fun, splattered look to match the book's colors.


I hope you liked today's manicure. Let me know what you think in the comments below. happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.