Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

30 September 2013

Manicure Monday (34): Telegraph Avenue


Hi, guys. I almost didn't do a Manicure Monday post this week. I was still feeling a bit under the weather still and was uninspired by my book covers this week. But then I thinking of some ideas and decided to play around to see what I could come up with. I am happy with this manicure and I think they came out pretty good. I'm glad I decided to paint through my funk.


I just started Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon. I've had a copy of this for ages and am just getting around to it now. I've only read about 15 pages so far so I cannot say if I'll like it yet but I am hoping that I do. Chabon's The Adventures of Kavalier & Clay is one of my favorite books and I really like his writing. This book is about a record store in Oakland, CA and I wanted to incorporate musical elements into this look.


For this manicure I painted a red-orange creme as a base for all of the nails except my ring finger, which I painted with Cult Nails Tempest (white). Unfortunately I do not know the name of the red. It's a mini bottle by Sephora for OPI that came in a pack but the individual bottle isn't labeled. 


I then used acrylic paint in yellow, black and white to pain the individual nails. I mimicked the record on the cover on two of my nails. On my ring finger, I painted the fist clutching the flower that is on the cover (see above). I couldn't fit in all of the flower at the top, so it's a bit cut off. 


Finally, I did a bit of stamping with a plate by Cheeky (CH31) on my index finger and thumb. You know, I noticed recently that I use a lot of red and yellow in these manicures. I don't know if it's a coincidence or if  those colors are just really popular in book covers. That was just a random observation.

Thanks for checking out my manicure this week. I'd love to know what you think in the comments below. And if you have a bookish manicure to share, I'd love to see it so leave a link. Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.