Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

10 September 2013

Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show


Hi and welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, an awesome meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show (set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books we love.) I am pretty sure I did this prompt once when we got to do a rewind post but I am doing again because I think I have a few new picks.

1. Magic Bites/Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
No surprise here since I am totally obsessed with this series. I think it would make an awesome TV show though. Vampires, werewolves, a heroine who kicks (literal) ass. What's not to love?

2. Fables by Bill Willingham
I know that Once Upon A Time is already a huge hit and there is a glut of fairy tale re-tellings out there. But Fables is just so, so good and I would love to see it made into a series one day.

3. Cinder/The Lunar Chronicles 
Another fairy tale re-telling that I think would make a fantastic series. Who would not want to watch a cyborg Cinderella story?

4. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Oooh I can just see this on the CW or a similar network. A little campy with some sexy teen leads, it would be like the new Roswell.

5. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
I really wanted to like this book more than I did. One of my big issues with it was the super detailed descriptions of all of the 80's references. When I was reading it, I remembered thinking that it would play out so much better as a movie since we could see something and recognize it or see how it works. Licensing would probably be a nightmare so I doubt this would ever happen. But they did make Wreck It Ralph, which was full of licensed characters, so you never know.

6. Grave Mercy/Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Assassin nuns and political intrigue! Who wouldn't want to see this?

7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I know this is being made into a movie but I think it would have worked really well as a series, too.

8. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
This would make a really great movie. Bring your own tissues.

9. Legend by Marie Lu
This series would be a great movie or TV show. I'd love to see a ravaged Los Angeles.

10. Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger
The costumes alone would be amazing.

Honorable mentions: I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga, Ashfall by Mike Mullin, Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs (this was on my list last year), Darkest London by Kristen Callihan, Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (Even though I already have VA on my list. Love this world).

As you can see, I am a fan of paranormal/dystopian/historical and not so much with the contemp. I'd love to see your picks though so link up in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.