Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

16 September 2013

Manicure Monday (32): The Iron Duke


Hi, everyone. Sigh - it's another Monday. I hope you all had a good weekend. It was too short, as always. I spend most of Sunday watching Veronica Mars with Bookyurt. I watched 6 episodes, which is a record for me since I am normally the slowest TV watcher. I am really liking it so far though and it's funny to see all of the recognizable actors pop up in it. Anyhow, let's get to this week's manicure.


The Iron Duke is the first in Meljean Brook's Iron Seas series, a steampunk romance. I don't know why I waited so long to read this one, but I really liked it. I actually had to hunt this copy down as none of my local bookstores had it. In ended up having to order from the big A, but it was worth it because this book is awesome and even included a free short story. 


I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do for this manicure before I started though it took a bit of trial and error. First I painted my nails with OPI You Don't Know Jacques, a taupe/brown creme. I used a gold from Wet N Wild whose name I can't remember now on my ring finger. Then I busted out stamping plate CH-33 from Cheeky, which had the cog/gear stamp. I had to fiddle with this a bit to get it right without totally muddling the image. I used a black creme and a champagne frost to stamp the gears.



On my accent nail I stamped a single pirate ship in black to represent Marco's Terror. It's a bit off center but hey, I don't mind. I can't remember what plate this was from though It was from the same Cheeky Summer 2012 collection. Ignore the dirt on my hands. No idea how it got there.


For my thumb I decided to attempt a big of freehand art and drew the blimp and a tower from the book's cover. It's a bit hard to see here since my thumbnail is pretty curved but you can kinda see what's going on. If you look closely you can see bubbles in my top coat because I went a little too thick with it. 

Overall I liked this manicure and I really like this book. I also bought book 2 when I got this one and hope to start it soon. Let me know what you think of this week's manicure in the comments below. Thanks and have an awesome week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.