Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

09 September 2013

Manicure Monday (31): Bittersweet


Hello and welcome to another edition of Manicure Monday. Manicure Monday is a weekly feature on the blog where I bring together my love of reading and nail polish into a feature showcasing one of my current reads along with a bookish manicure. I hope this inspires other to play with nail polish as well. If you do a bookish manicure, I'd love to see it. Just leave a link in the comments below. Now onto the the manicure!

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler

As you can see, this week's book is Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler. I have been meaning to read this book for a long time and finally started it a couple of days ago. So far, I am loving it. Just don't read it while you're hungry because the descriptions of delicious cupcakes will have you craving one (or a dozen). 

I knew immediately what I wanted to do for this one. You can't tell in pics but the cover has this awesome depth do it and the whole cover is kind of shimmery. It really looks like a beautiful confection. I knew that I wanted to mimic that somehow on the cover.  Shades used:

  • China Glaze For Audry & OPI What's With The Cattitude (I could not find the perfect blue so I layered one coat of Cattitude over For Audrey to get the perfect match)
  • OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white)
  • OPI Solitaire (white/silver texture)
  • American Apparel Trench Coat (beige/yellow)

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler

I layered the two blues to get the perfect blue to match the cover. Then I sponged on OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls for the first layer of powdered sugar. Drew in the cookie on two of my fingers so, when held together, they form the whole cookie. Top coated the whole thing and then went back with my sponge and dabbed on OPI Solitaire, a glittery white frost that dries with a chunky texture, to add a little texture and sparkle. I did not use top coat again as I wanted to texture to stand out. 

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
this is sort of an awkward angle...hahaha

I wish the cookie had turned out a little better but it's not bad. And I am happy with this overall. It was pretty easy, too. I hope you guys enjoyed this week's manicure. Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.