Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

20 September 2013

Uncovered (82): Passionaries


Happy Friday, friends. This is my weekly Uncovered post where I feature a cover that's caught my eye. This week it's Passionaries by Tonya Hurley. This is the second book in the Blessed series. They have actually re-designed the covers to this series. I am a little sad about this because I loved the original cover to the first book, The Blessed. The cover illustration was just gorgeous and I am not sure why they changed it. I have a feeling it just didn't appeal to as many people as they had hoped. While I am sad to see that design go away, I like the new covers. I think they still maintain the same dark vibe as the original, though they are more subtle.

I wish I could see this cover up close because there's probably some awesome stuff going on in the details that I just can't see on the computer. I really like the mirror imaging of the artwork. It gives it a slightly surreal feel and it's cool how the guitars are incorporated. The line work looks really incredible and the longer you look at it the more things you pick up. The two roses also kind of look like eyes which makes it look like the book is staring right at you..... :)

While I am sad to see the move away from the original cover design, I like the new look. What do you guys think? Do you prefer one over the other? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a good weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.