Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

27 September 2013

Uncovered (82): The Melancholy of Mechagirl


Hi, everyone. Sorry this post is so late. I am actually home sick today and could not find the energy to schedule this post last night, so here it is, in its late glory. This week's feature cover is The Melancholy of Mechagirl, a collection of short stories about Japan from Catherynne M. ValenteI haven't read any of Valente's books just yet but I have at least one hiding in my apartment somewhere.

I don't even know what to say about this cover except that it's strange and colorful and awesome. It's also a little bit disturbing with the image of the head coming out of the waves like that. I love the modern take on some of the traditional Japanese imagery such as the waves, sun and female face. I have no idea what those coils going around her head are but this cover makes me want to figure it out. The typeface is also great nad really stands out against the backdrop of the waves.

I am not usually a big fan of short stories but this cover makes me want to get this collection. What do you guys think? Yay or nay? Do you like short stories?

Have a great weekend, all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.