Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

23 September 2013

Manicure Monday (33): Eleanor & Park


Hi, guys! Welcome to another Manicure Monday. I hope you all had an awesome weekend. I survived the 5K. Thanks for all the well wishes. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be though it was still plenty difficult. And I am still a terrible runner. My friends who were pushing their 2 year old in a stroller came in like 10 minutes before me. Hahaha. But I had a lot of fun with my friends and our team actually raised over $500, so that was cool.

For this week's Manicure Monday post, I have a manicure that I have been wanting to do for a while now. I knew I was going to read Eleanor & Park for my book club this month and began plotting my manicure accordingly.

Eleanor & Park

The background color to this cover is an unusual shade of pale yellow/beige. I knew I had nothing like it in my stash and had been keeping an eye out for something that might work. Last week when I was at Ulta I picked up every bottle of yellow polish they had and knew that none of them was right. But I kept digging around in the hopes of some kind of nail polish miracle when I spotted it. There, on the bottom shelf, we a pale yellow bottle that didn't look like any of the other yellows around. I checked the bottle and saw that it was a shade called Cream of the Crop by Ulta brand. It was weird though because there were 8 other bottles of that shade in the store but this was one much lighter than all of them. Opening it I saw that it was also a strange, thick consistency but I knew I could fix that with thinner. So I bought it and it is a pretty good match to the cover. I think it's a bit darker than the actual cover but it's close enough.

Eleanor & Park

This cover is pretty much perfect for nail art. I just painted on Eleanor & Park on my fingers freehand using various polishes and then added the ampersand to connect them. I think they turned out really well. The ampersand isn't my best work but it gets the point across.

Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park

I got a ton of compliments when I wore this manicure. People don't always notice when I do nail art but I had at least 3 people comment on my nails in one day. I am about 1/3rd of the way through the book so far and it's great. It makes me a little sad though which is why I think it's taking me a little longer than usual to finish it. I am really enjoying it though and will finish it this week.

So that's it for Manicure Monday. Hope you all have a wonderful week! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.