Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

04 August 2012

Stacked (15)


I can't believe it's the weekend again. I live for the weekend but it always goes by so fast. Still taking it easy on the book acquisition. I still have a million ALA books to read. That also reminds me that you should sign up for our ALA Read-A-Thon if you haven't already. You don't have to have gone to ALA to join up. It's basically just a read-a-thon to get caught up on your review copies/TBR pile. If you want to join up, just put your info into the linky on this page

I did do a little book buying this week as we made an impromptu trip to Mysterious Galaxy in Redondo Beach the other day. Super cool store. Hopefully we will be reviewing it soon. Also made a trip to the library where I grabbed a couple of things and made a few Kindle purchases. Wanna see what I got? Check it out below!


Bought

Even White Trash Zombies Get The Blues by Diana Rowland (signed) - I know, I know. I still haven't read the first book in this series. But I can't resist the awesome covers and I just know it's going to be a fun read.

Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig (signed) - Another one with a gorgeous cover. I have been meaning to picked this one up for a while and MG had signed copies, so how could I say no?

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper (Kindle) - I have never read a Molly Harper book but this one just came out. I read an excerpt on a blog last week and it sounded fun so I bought it on Kindle. 

Borrowed

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - I've been dying to read this one. I hear amazing things about it. Unfortunately I only have a week for this library book and it looks like I won't even have a chance to start it. But that's alright. I'll just buy it on Kindle next week when I have time to read it. 

Cristina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love: Delight Family and Friends with More than 150 Simple, Fabulous Recipes by by Cristina Ferrare - I haven't really cooked anything in weeks. I have been out of town so much and just lazy. Hoping that this will get me back in the swing of things. 

For Review

I haven't requested much for review lately (see giant ALA pile) but did the rest of Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series on NG this week, and could not resist. So now I have Lucky In Love, At Last, and Forever and a Day to read. :)

That's it for me this week. I have a friend coming into town tomorrow and I am excited about that. I am going to see if I can find one place still playing Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I really wanted to see it's out of theaters now. What are you guys up to this weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.