Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

19 August 2012

Stacked (17): With Girl of Nightmares


It's the weekend again  - hooray! This week was one of the longest weeks ever. I don't know what it was but time was just crawling by. I am very happy that it's the weekend finally, even if it is 100 degrees outside. This week was another low buy/acquisition week for me. See how good I am being? I did go to the Girls' Nightmare Out event with Kendare Blake, Marta Acosta and Lisa Desrochers at Mrs. Nelson's this week. But I only bought one book! A recap of that event will be coming soon. Other than that just trying to get through review books and library books. Here come the books. Check it out!

Bought

   

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington - My friend Crystal just gave this one a really good review and it was only $2.44 on Kindle.

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake - As I said earlier, I went to the Kendare Blake signing at Mrs. Nelson's earlier this week and got this signed. Recap coming soon to Read Now Sleep Later. Really excited about this one. I hope it's scary!

Received


Ironskin by Tina Connolly (NetGalley) - Originally the cover to this one didn't entice me but I kept seeing it around. I finally read the synopsis and hello - it sounds awesome. Jane Eyre in an iron master? Sign me up!

The Taker by Alma Katsu - My friend Crystal was able to grab and extra copy of this one after RWA. I don't know much about this one but it sounds interesting.

And that is all, folks! Does anyone have anything good planned for the weekend? It's so hot here I really can't be outside much unless I make it to the beach. I will probably do a lot of reading and I plan to go see Paranorman in 3D at some point. It's looks awesome. I also kind of want to see Expendables 2, just because it looks like a train wreck (and Bruce Willis is in it). I'd love to see what you got this week, so please leave links and I'll come visit. Have a wonderful weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear what you think of Girl of Nightmares! Hope you had a great time at the signing event. I'm listening to the audio but I'm not too far yet. Ironskin also looks very cool.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.