Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

16 July 2012

ALA Summer Read-A-Thon: Aug 8 - 13


Hi, everyone! I just got back home from Comic Con as I am writing this. I had a great time but, needless to say, I am super exhausted. I hope to have a recap up soon but, in the meantime, look what I have planned for the blog!

After my trips to ALA and Comic Con, my review pile is a little out of control. My friends Nicole from The Reader's Antidote and Crystal from Elegantly Bound Books have decided to team up to tackle those ALA books so we don't get too far behind. The ALA Summer Read-A-Thon will run from August 8 - 13, 2012, a week in which I will try to read as many ALA books as we can. 

But what if you didn't go to ALA? Don't worry. This read-a-thon is not just for people that went to ALA but for anyone who wants to get through a bunch of review copies or books that you've been wanting to read but haven't had the chance! The only thing you need is some sort of site where you can prove that you've read the books (either your blog or your Goodreads page), and then the day after the read-a-thon is over, you have the chance comment on any of the three host's ending blog posts telling us what books you've read or how many books you read!

There are no prizes. This is just something that Crystal, Nicole and I decided would be fun to do, especially since we received so many books at ALA. Here's the button, if you feel like participating and putting it on your blog.






The linky list I'll post below is open until the 12th, a day before the read-a-thon ends. Please feel free to spread the word! Here are the other two wonderful and lovely hosts:


Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

I am not sure what my goal for the read-a-thon is going to be just yet. I am not the fasted reader and I don't always have time to read a lot. But it is a read-a-thon so I want to challenge myself. Right now I am thinking of going for 3 books during the week, which is more than what I normally read. I'll pick the books closer to the start date.

Everyone who joins will have their own goals so don't feel like you have to do what I do. Maybe you can read 3 books a day or only 1 a week. Whatever your goal is, just try to stick to it. When you comment on the post on the last day, tell us how many books you finished so we can all compare. And you can even comment on the post when you review the books how ever many days later; we all love reading what other reviewers have to say about these exciting reads.

So enter the links to either your Goodreads page or your blog, and start figuring out what you're going to read! This should be a lot of fun!

Linky list:





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.