Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

29 July 2012

Stacked (14): RWA Edition


Hello again! Thanks for visiting another week of Stacked, my weekly haul post where I share what I have bought, borrowed and received during the week.

This past week I was lucky enough to be able to attend the RWA Literacy Autographing session that was being held in Anaheim. I swear I have been living at the convention center lately. Full recap coming soon but it was a great event with hundreds of romance authors signing books, with all proceeds going to charity. I picked up books by some of my favorite authors as well books by few new to me authors. I really tried not to go too crazy but, well, you'll see. :)


These were the paperbacks I bought. I already own 3 of these in e-book format but I could not say no to my favorite authors. 
  • Unclaimed by Courtney Milan - I love Courtney Milan. All of the books in this series are fantastic.
  • Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth - Recently finished Thief of Shadows in the Maiden Lane series (the first I've ever read). I am kind of working my way backwards and picked up book 3 in the series, Scandalous Desires.
  • More Than A Stranger by Erin Knightly - I came upon Erin while wandering the signing room. She was super friendly and sold me on her historical romance. The two main characters fall in love over letters, which I love the idea of.
  • Chaos Burning by Lauren Dane - I've seen Dane's name a lot in the romance world but I have never actually read one of her books. Decided to stop by her table to see what she had and picked up Chaos Burning, which is a paranormal romance with vampires and witches. Nice!
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean - I love MacLean's Love By Numbers series and this is the last book in it. I've already finished this one and, sigh, I love this series.
  • Angels' Flight by Nalini Singh - This is one I already have on my Kindle. But I adore Nalini Singh and had her sign this one for me. Can't wait for Archangel's Storm!
  • Moonglow by Kristen Callihan - Another one I've actually already read (and need to review) but I just had to get it signed. Really good paranormal historical romance.

I also picked up a hardcover copy of Jennifer Echols's Such a Rush. I haven't read any of her books yet but my friends love her, and I love this cover. 


I also got a ton of fun swag at the signing. Lots of bookmarks, samplers, and other fun tidbits. I especially love the oversize postcards from Jaci Burton's Play by Play series. Lord, those models are hot. 



I haven't requested anything for review lately because I am overrun with books, which is awesome, but I need to curb the book acquisitions. I am going to try really, really hard not to buy any more books for awhile. I have plenty to keep me busy.

Hope you're all having a good weekend. Finally saw The Dark Knight Rises on Friday, and it was awesome. Not as good as The Dark Knight, and Catwoman could have been more developed, but I really enjoyed it. A great end to Nolan's run with the series. Plus, Joseph Gordon Levitt. :)  

Have a wonderful Sunday!




3 comments:

  1. JGL indeed. Auto-swoon whenever his name is even mentioned.

    Good haul.... I need to work on my post, it's ridiculous since we hit 5 bookstores yesterday. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to do this next year esp. since the book sale profits go to charity. Must plan ahead...

      Delete
    2. yes you should come next time. it was super fun.

      Delete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.