Hello again! Thanks for visiting another week of Stacked, my weekly haul post where I share what I have bought, borrowed and received during the week.
This past week I was lucky enough to be able to attend the RWA Literacy Autographing session that was being held in Anaheim. I swear I have been living at the convention center lately. Full recap coming soon but it was a great event with hundreds of romance authors signing books, with all proceeds going to charity. I picked up books by some of my favorite authors as well books by few new to me authors. I really tried not to go too crazy but, well, you'll see. :)
These were the paperbacks I bought. I already own 3 of these in e-book format but I could not say no to my favorite authors.
- Unclaimed by Courtney Milan - I love Courtney Milan. All of the books in this series are fantastic.
- Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth - Recently finished Thief of Shadows in the Maiden Lane series (the first I've ever read). I am kind of working my way backwards and picked up book 3 in the series, Scandalous Desires.
- More Than A Stranger by Erin Knightly - I came upon Erin while wandering the signing room. She was super friendly and sold me on her historical romance. The two main characters fall in love over letters, which I love the idea of.
- Chaos Burning by Lauren Dane - I've seen Dane's name a lot in the romance world but I have never actually read one of her books. Decided to stop by her table to see what she had and picked up Chaos Burning, which is a paranormal romance with vampires and witches. Nice!
- Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean - I love MacLean's Love By Numbers series and this is the last book in it. I've already finished this one and, sigh, I love this series.
- Angels' Flight by Nalini Singh - This is one I already have on my Kindle. But I adore Nalini Singh and had her sign this one for me. Can't wait for Archangel's Storm!
- Moonglow by Kristen Callihan - Another one I've actually already read (and need to review) but I just had to get it signed. Really good paranormal historical romance.
I also picked up a hardcover copy of Jennifer Echols's Such a Rush. I haven't read any of her books yet but my friends love her, and I love this cover.
I also got a ton of fun swag at the signing. Lots of bookmarks, samplers, and other fun tidbits. I especially love the oversize postcards from Jaci Burton's Play by Play series. Lord, those models are hot.
I haven't requested anything for review lately because I am overrun with books, which is awesome, but I need to curb the book acquisitions. I am going to try really, really hard not to buy any more books for awhile. I have plenty to keep me busy.
Hope you're all having a good weekend. Finally saw The Dark Knight Rises on Friday, and it was awesome. Not as good as The Dark Knight, and Catwoman could have been more developed, but I really enjoyed it. A great end to Nolan's run with the series. Plus, Joseph Gordon Levitt. :)
Have a wonderful Sunday!