Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

01 July 2012

On Vacation

picture taken at carlsbad gardens

Howdy! By the time this goes up I will officially be on vacation. Nothing too exciting but I will hanging out with my family and chilling out. My posting may be a bit sporadic while I am away though I am trying to schedule some posts for next week. 

Vacation usually means lots of reading and one of my number on priorities is figuring out which books to bring with me. I am bringing my Kindle but I also like to bring a small selection of physical books as well. It's Friday night as I read this and I am agonizing over what to bring. Do you guys do this, too? I am betting you do if you are a book lover like me. 

In the end, I decided to bring the following physical books on vacation:

Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork - I borrowed this from Alethea a million years ago and I want to finish at least one of her books so I can return it.

Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt - Historical romance that I picked up from ALA. I have never read anything by Hoyt before but I've heard good things.

God Save the Queen by Kate Locke - Steampunk urban fantasy where the Queen is undead. Sounds awesome.

Dark Companion by Marta Costa - Also picked up at ALA. Marta is coming to my town in a couple of months for a signing and I figure I should try to read this beforehand. 

I also have about a million NetGalley books that I want to get to since I joined NetGalley Knockdown. We'll see how much I actually get to read this week Are any of you going on vacation for the 4th? Do you have as much trouble as I do trying to figure out what books to bring?  If anyone has any method they use to go about figuring out what books to bring on vacation, I would love to hear it. I usually just go with my gut and how much I can carry but I'd love to know how other people decide. 

Have a great week!




3 comments:

  1. For vacations I usually bring one really, really, agonizingly long book with me -- something like The Autobiography of Henry VIII (romantic, historical, 1000 pages). Then I'd bring my ereader. Books take up a lot of room, and I am an over-packer, so I don't really have room for them! Especially when I'm flying.

    I hope you have a fantastic vacation and holiday! Good luck on NetGalley Knockdown, and thanks so much for participating. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good method, bekka. it forces you to read that book you've been putting off. i always overpack, too. i know i'm not going to read all of these books in a week and i'll probably buy some while i am on vacation. but does that stop me? noooo. :)

      Delete
  2. Have a great vacation, Thuy! A million NetGalley books sounds about right :) I should join that challenge too. Happy reading and have fun.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.