Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

22 July 2012

Stacked (13): Top Ten from Comic Con


Hi, everyone! Welcome to another week of Stacked, my weekly post where I share what I've bought, borrowed and received for the week. As you know, last weekend I was at Comic Con. I picked up a lot of great stuff there (both purchased and giveaways). I am going to share with you my top ten books that I got from Comic Con this week. Let's get the show going!

Top Ten Books from Comic Con




YA
The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress - Totally love this cover and have been wanting to read this one.
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger - So excited about this Gail Carriger book!
Second Chance (The Slayer Chronicles #2) by Heather Brewer - I heart Heather Brewer and can't wait to read book 2 in her new Slayer Chronicles series.
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad - I checked this out from the library a couple of times but never got around to it. Very happy I was able to get a copy signed by the author.
Black City by Elizabeth Richards - I was on the fence with this one but kept seeing it in the blogosphere, which made me want to read it. 
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes - Dying to read this high fantasy novel.  Looks like a lot of fun.
Every Day by David Levithan - Sad I didn't pick this up at ALA as I keep hearing amazing things about it. Luckily I was able to snag a copy at Comic Con. 



Adult
A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer - I have heard positive things about this new series and was excited to see that they were giving out copies last weekend.
Wayne of Gotham by Tracy Hickman - I didn't know much about this one except it's about Batman. But the cover sold me. 
Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost - I actually bought this on my Kindle already but they were giving out physical copies and I could not resist. I love Jeaniene Frost and I have a feeling that Vlad's story is going to be great.

Non SDCC books

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff - I am excited that I got this one from NetGalley! Another one that has great buzz and an awesome cover. I will be reading this soon.
The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines - Recommended by my friend Crystal at Elegantly Bound Reviews. It has a hot bad boy in it. Sold!
A Night To Surrender by Tessa Dare - Only $0.99 on Kindle. I've been meaning to read some of her books and you can't beat the price.
Going to Far by Jennifer Echols - $3.99 on Kindle right now. Can you believe I've never read a Jennifer Echols book? For shame! I hear this one is excellent.

Thanks for putting up with me for this long. As you can see, I have a lot of great books on my shelf to be read. Now all I have to do is decide which one to read first. :)





5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, you have Black City and Etiquette & Espionage! Happy reading!

    Stacking the Shelves
    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me borrow E&E! I desperately want to stop working and just read it, but, work ethic trumps book, sadly. Maybe tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *double-take* You got Wayne of Gotham! I need that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! it looked really good and they were giving a tote bag away with purchase. i could not resist.

      Delete
  4. I liked Going Too Far- that's a great price too. And I like what I've read of Every Day so far. So cool you found it and E&E at SDCC. Can't wait to hear what you think!
    It's hard to decide what to read, isn't it? Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.