Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

11 July 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 4



Welcome to another day of the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge. If you want to learn more about this challenge and perhaps participate, check out the post at Good Books and Good Wine for more info.

Day 4 - What was the last book you flung across the room?
 
Most of my friends know that I am pretty easy going. I am not a super harsh critic and, as long as I am entertained for a little while, most things will get an OK from me. So it isn't very often that I want to throw a book across the room. The most recent one I can think of though is Something Red by Douglas Nicholas.


I was soooo disappointed in this book. On paper it sounded like a dark, Gothic fairy tale gone wrong. Instead it was really slow and repetitive with characters that had little personality. I swear they spent the whole book trudging through the snow. And there was one character who spoke in a strange dialect that was written out phonetically. But even trying to sound it out, I had no idea what they were saying. This was my book club pick for the month, too, and I felt really bad for making everyone read it. I even love the cover, but the insides were sadly lacking. It's unfortunate because it had potential but I think it would have made a better short story. 

I see on Goodreads that I gave this book 2 stars. I may have been feeling generous that day.  :) 

What book has left you frustrated recently?



*image source: Good Books and Good Wine



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.