Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

13 July 2013

15 Book Blogger Challenge - Day 6


I am having a lot of fun with this challenge. It's so interesting seeing everyone's answers. Thanks to April at Good Books and Good Wine for thinking up this challenge.

Day 6: Describe how you shop for books.

I don't know if I have a really specific shopping style for books. If I haven't come to the bookstore looking for a particular book, I'll usually just wander around to my favorite sections to see what covers catch my eye. If I am at Barnes & Noble (which I usually am since that's the closest bookstore to me) I will hit up the new releases first. Then I will meander over to Fiction and Romance before heading to Sci-Fi. Then I'll usually go to YA and see what new books have come out there.

I a huge cover whore so I will totally buy a book based on the cover. I'll check out things that my friends have recommended or that I've heard about. These days though I am trying to be very careful with the books I buy since I already have so many and funds are tight. If it's an author I love, I'll get it. But if it's something I am not sure about, I usually try to get it from the library.

Besides B&N I also hit up the local used bookstore, thrift shops and any indie bookstores when traveling. I also try to buy at least one book if I am going to a book signing to support the author and store. I don't buy physical books from Amazon too often but I do buy a lot of Kindle books.

This post was a little rambling but I hope it gave a little insight into my book shopping habits. Thanks for stopping by! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.