Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

10 July 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 3



Welcome to another day of the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge. If you want to learn more about this challenge and perhaps participate, check out the post at Good Books and Good Wine for more info.

Day 3 - Who are your blogging BFFS?

I don't know if BFF (Best Friends Forever) is the right term but I definitely have some awesome blogging friends. These are all people I know in real life. Some I knew before I started blogging and some I met afterwards. This is by no means a comprehensive list of the bloggers I admire and interact with. This is just a small slice of it. 


Read Now Sleep Later is the blog that started it all for me. I first met the creator, Alethea, a few years ago through a mutual friend. She also worked at Borders at the time, which I frequented pretty much every week. We bonded over our love of books and one day she asked me if I wanted to contribute to her YA blog, Read Now Sleep Later. Until then I really had no idea that there was such a thing as book blogging. It was maybe a year after I started contributing to RNSL that I decided that I needed my own space on the web to write about my non-YA reads and thus, Nite Lite was born. We continue to co-blog on both RNSL and Nite Lite and her passion never fails to inspire me.



The Windy Pages is the home of my real life friend Kimberly. I've known Kimberly for about 8 years and we've had countless book adventures in those years. She is often my partner in crime and when we are together, shenanigans ensue. Kimberly was one of the first people I met who loves to read as much as I do. I can always count on her for a bookstore run and she was the one who introduced me to the paranormal romance genre (yay!). Besides being an awesome friend, I love her blog because she has a great voice and I really enjoy her reviews. It amazes me that can perfectly convey her feelings about a book and does it with such humor and ease.



The Reader's Antidote - I am not sure when I first met Nicole from The Reader's Antidote. The first time I introduced myself though was during an event at Once Upon A Time In Montrose. After that, I continued to see Nicole at and we just started hanging together whenever we saw each other. Nicole's blog is fantastic and I am in awe of how much content she manages to post while being a full time student. I love that she has an undying passion for Harry Potter and isn't afraid to show it.




Elegantly Bound Books - I met Crystal only about a year ago after she came to a blogger meet up that Alethea planned after a local book event. I think it was very brave of Crystal to go to the meetup without knowing anyone (I am super shy and would probably never do this). We hit it off right away and spent most of the night chatting. Since then we've hung out at lots of book events and even survived our first ALA together. I love her dry sense of humor and the fact that she like horror books, like me.



Bookyurt - I first met the Yurt at a Harry Potter event (of course) and when introduced, realized that I had seen her before. I had, literally, sat next to her at Comic Con over the years at various panels. After talking we realized that we both shared a love of sci-fi, fantasy and really bad action movies. Hers is the blog I go to for all the latest film and television trailers and news, as well as fantastic book reviews.Her writing style is really unique and original.

Sorry if I left anyone out but I was trying to keep this somewhat short. Who are your blogging buddies?



*Image Source: Good Books and Good Wine. Blog banner images copyright their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.