Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

10 May 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say?: Book Monogamy



Hi and welcome to a new feature here on Nite Lite called What Does the Bookworm Say? that I am doing with my friends at The Reader's AntidoteBooks Unbound and The Windy Pages. This week's topic is book monogamy.  Are you a monogamous reader?

First, let me define what a monogamous reader is. I consider a monogamous reader someone who pretty much reads one book from start to finish before starting another book. I am definitely not a monogamous reader. I generally have anywhere from 2 - 4 books going at once. I usually pick books in different genres at the same time. Say, if I am reading a more serious lit fic book, I will take a break and read a fun romance or urban fantasy book to break it up. I also listen to audiobooks in the car, which isn't technically reading but it's also another story that I have going on with my regular books. If I am stalling on a book, reading something helps me reinvigorate my reading mojo.

I don't have problems keeping track of characters or storylines when I read more than one book at a time. I think it's because they are usually very different books and it's easy to keep them separate in my mind. Sometimes I wish I were a more monogamous reader. It feels like you read more/finish more books when you read them one at a time. I don't think this is actually true but is just what my mind believes.

I'd love to know - are you a monogamous reader or do you like to play the field like I do? Let me know in the comments below. And be sure to check out what The Reader's AntidoteBooks Unbound and The Windy Pages thought of this topic as well. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.