Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

12 May 2014

Manicure Monday (62): Don't Turn Around


Hi and welcome to Manicure Monday, a weekly post that combines my love of reading and nail polish. Each Monday I will show you one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure. Thanks for stopping by!

Hello! It's Monday again which means it's time for a new manicure. This week's manicure was inspired by Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon. This ARC has been in my TBR pile for so long and I am glad that I've finally started it. I always knew that I wanted to do a manicure with it, too, since the cover is so colorful and distinct.

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

To start, I painted on one coat of a white creme (Cult Nails Tempest) onto all of my nails to make a nice base for the other colors pop against. Next, I used four colors ranging from a chartreuse green to a red-orange to create a gradient that matched the cover colors. The shades I used were (starting with the green) OPI Who the Shrek Are You, American Apparel Manila, Zoya Arizona and NYC Color Spring Street. There are lots of tutorials online on how to do a gradient manicure if you'd like to try for a similar look.

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

Next I used China Glaze Megabyte, a sparkly gold holo, and a skinny nail brush to paint in grid lines similar to those on the book cover.  Added a layer of top coat to seal it all in and it was done! This was a pretty easy look to achieve with a bit of patience and I really liked the finished results. 

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

I hope you all enjoyed today's manicure. Have an awesome week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.