Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

18 May 2014

Stacked (107)


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Happy Sunday, all. I hope you've all been having a good weekend. It's been pretty hot here where I live and most of my time has been spent indoors if possible. Yesterday I went to the Ontario Teen Book Fest. I had a fantastic time. The event was really well run and the authors were great. I was pretty good though and only bought one book at the event. This was a good book week for me though because I received a fun stack of books from a friend and I received one pre-order. Let's see what I got!

Borrowed


Thanks, A, for this giant stack of books. Listing them from top to bottom.

The Last Forever by Deb Caletti - I haven't read any Deb Caletti yet but this looks like a great summer read.

Through To You by Lauren Barholdt - Another new to me author. This looks like a sweet romance.

The Girls as the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine - I am a sucker for fairy tale retellings and is a re-imagining of the Twelve Dancing Princesses but set in the 20's. 

Absolutely Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick - I don't know munch about this one but it has a gorgeous illustrated cover. 

The Real Life Story: Sally Ride - This isn't the type of book I normally read but Sally Ride, the first female astronaut in space, we actually a teacher at my college. I took one of her intro classes just to have her as a teacher. She was a pioneer and a fascinating person. I am excited to learn more about her life and career.

#scandal by Sarah Ockler - This is one of the books I was most excited to get. I am a big fan of Ockler's books and can't wait to read this one.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - I saw Matson last week at a book signing and she is just adorable and very funny. I think this is going to be a good one. 

Bought


House of the Rising Sun by Kristen Painter - I featured this cover on the blog recently and promptly put in a pre-order for it. This cover is even prettier in person and I can't wait to read this one. You can't go wrong with vampires in New Orleans. 


Midnight Thief by Livia Blackbourne - They had me at "assassin." :) I didn't know much about this book but was really impressed by Livia Blackbourne at the Ontario Teen Book Fest. This actually doesn't come out until July but Disney/Hyperion had early copies for sale at the event. 

Kiss of Deception by Mary Pearson - Mary was kind enough to give me and ARC of Kiss of Deception at the Fest yesterday. I have only hear positive things about this book and plan to read it really soon. 

As you can see, I have plenty to keep me busy. :) Now I just need to find some time to read all of these. Hope you have a most excellent Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.