Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

25 May 2014

Stacked (108)


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Hello! This weekend is a holiday weekend in observance of Memorial Day. I don't have any big plans this weekend. I am usually visiting my family for Memorial Day but my parents are not going to be in town so I decided to stay put. I've been trying to catch up on some reading and sleeping. I did get to see the X-Men movie last night though, which I really enjoyed. They were always my favorite superhero comic as a kid and I am partial to them.

This week's book haul is pretty tame. I did make a stop at the library and got a couple of e-books. I really do love the library. It's like shopping without having to pay. :)

E-books


How The Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries - Received this book for review from Edelweiss. It's been a while since I've read a good historical romance and I am fan of Jeffries. Hope to start this one soon.

And All the Stars by Andrea K. Höst - Picked up this sci-fi YA book after reading a review on The Midnigh Garden. I don't read many indie books but this one has a lot of good reviews so crossing fingers it's good.

Borrowed


Shadow Kin by M.J. Scott - My local library has a pretty sad sci-fi/urban fantasy section. I feel this is often the case with libraries and they don't often know where to place certain books. But I was browsing the other day and found this series by MJ Scott. I don't know a lot about it but have seen it around and am going to give it a try. The library also had the 2 other books in the series, which I'll go back for if this is good.

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith - I was happy to find a copy of Grasshopper Jungle in the YA new releases section. Excited about this one.

The Here and Now by Ann Brashares - Another find from the library. Love the cover to this one and of course, it's Ann Brasheres so I think I will like it.

The Pastry Queen - Cookbook I've been meaning to try. My local branch doesn't really get a ton of new cookbook releases. This is an older one but one I've been meaning to check out and I was happy to find it.
That's my book haul for this week. I really want to get some reading done this weekend but we will see what happens. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.