Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

06 May 2014

Top Ten (Twelve) Tuesday: Top Ten Covers I'd Frame As Art


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week focuses on a different topic and you make a top ten list from it! This week's topic is: Top Ten Covers I'd Frame As Art.

You guys know that I am a total cover ho, so I had to participate in today's topic. There are so many beautiful covers out there that I had a hard time choosing and ended up with 12 picks instead of 10. Hope you enjoy!

My Life As a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland - I had a hard time picking which Dan Dos Santos cover I loved best but this is one of my favorites. But seriously, anything by him would be frame-worthy.


Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey - Love this gorgeously stark and simple cover. Reminds me of a fairy tale.

Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig - I am a huge fan of Joey Hi-Five and again, I think any of his works would be worthy to put up on my wall. This cover for Blackbirds is one of my favorites though as I have a thing for wings.


The Peculiars by Mauren Doyle McQuerry - This book has gone through several cover changes. I think I just saw a new one a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure why though because the original is drop dead gorgeous. I am a huge fan of Cliff Nielson (who also does The Mortal Instruments covers). This cover is beautiful and a bit ethereal. Love it.


Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore - Love the homage to Henri Toulouse-Lautrec with this gorgeous cover by artist Aly Fell.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Paper art is another favorite medium of mine when it comes to cover art and I love the art deco styling of this as well as the black and white them with just the pop of red.


The Night Guest by Fiona McFarlane - I don't know if this cover uses papercutting but looks like it may. Either way I think this is a really beautiful and striking cover. Love the unusual colors used as well.


Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - I like all of the covers in this series but I think that Shadow and Bone might be my favorite. I think it perfectly captures the tone and themes of the book.


Mean To Be by Lauren Morrill - This cover looks like a modern movie poster. Love the colors and the happy vibe that it gives.


Snow White by The Brothers Grimm - I have been a fan of Camille Rose Garcia for a while now and love this cover she did for the illustrated version of Snow White. It has that pretty/creepy thing going on that I always fall for and the colors are bright and saturated. This would be beautiful on any wall.

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma - Ethereal and slightly creepy, this cover looks like it would fit right in as part of an exhibit on modern photography. Love the composition of this as well as the colors.


Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour - this photo reminds me of summer days and vintage photos. It has a dreamy quality that I love and would be beautiful framed.

Phew - it was pretty hard to pick just twelve. If you want to see more of my cover picks, check out my weekly Uncovered feature. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.