Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

23 May 2014

Uncovered (109): A Thousand Pieces of You


Hello and welcome to Uncovered, a weekly post where I wax poetic about a cover that I think is beautiful. Who says you can't judge a book by its cover?

Hi, guys! Happy Friday! I am looking forward to the upcoming long weekend. This week's cover was a special request by Alethea. She picked A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray, which I agree is a freakin' gorgeous cover. I love everything about this cover. Mirrored image covers are pretty popular right now and I like how they've used it here to juxtapose two very different landscapes. The sleek, modern high rises are a stark contrast to the ornate and colorful palaces of the bottom image. I like how the colors used also match each landscape, with cool blues and greys for the more modern city and bright oranges, pinks and purples less modern city. I really like watercolors as well and they are used to great effect here. This book is about different dimensions and worlds, which I think you get from the cover.

Overall, extremely excited about this one. I may have to place a pre-order for it. Let me know what you think of A Thousand Pieces of You in the comments below. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.