Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

19 May 2014

Manicure Monday (63): Sublime


Hi and welcome to Manicure Monday, a weekly post that combines my love of reading and nail polish. Each Monday I will show you one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure. Thanks for stopping by!  

Hello and happy Monday. Today I have a really fun and easy manicure to match the cover of Sublime by Christina Lauren. 

Sublime by Christina Lauren


First, isn't this a gorgeous cover? I really loved the dreamy quality of it and all of the swirling fabrics and hair. I decided to create a fun, easy look using a simple technique. I don't know if there's an official name for this technique but I am going to call it a swirl manicure. It has a look similar to a water marble manicure but is much easier to accomplish.

Sublime by Christina Lauren

First I started off with a dark grey base (Sinful Colors Ardoise) on all of my nails. Then I placed random drops of each color onto my nails. In order for this to work well it's best to work on one nail at a time before moving on to the next. The colors I used were Zoya Gie Gie (light pink shimmer), Zoya Rebel (light blue shimmer), Sinful Colors Ardoise (dark grey) and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (grey toned white). After placing small drops of each color onto the nail, I swirled them together using a nail dotting tool. You can really use anything for this part - a toothpick or pin would also work well.

Sublime by Christina Lauren 

Do this for each of your nails. You polish will be quite thick after this so be sure you give it enough time to dry all the way through before you put your top coat on. And that's it! For very little effort you get a pretty cool looking manicure.

Sublime by Christina Lauren

I haven't really had time to do much more than start Sublime but it's good so far. I also love these authors and have a feeling I am going to like this one. Hopefully I will find more time to read this week than last.

Thanks for checking out today's manicure. Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.