Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

29 April 2013

Manicure Monday (14): The Indigo Spell


There's kind of a funny story about this week's Manicure Monday. If you follow my on Twitter or FB at all you might know a bit about it already. Last weekend when I went home to see my parents, I figured it would be a great chance to finally read the next book in Richelle Mead's Bloodlines series. So I am at the hospital waiting room, waiting for me dad to get out of surgery, and I am reading and it's great. Love Adrian and Sydney and the whole VA world. There are a few things nagging me - characters I don't remember, a few references that don't make sense. About 60 pages in, it dawns on me that I should just double check to see if the book I was reading was indeed book 2 in the series. And guess what - it wasn't. Yes, I was reading The Indigo Spell when I should have been reading The Golden Lily. But I had brought supplies home to do a manicure to match The Indigo Spell and I figured I go through with it anyway.

The Indigo Spell

The Indigo Spell

The Indigo Spell

The Indigo Spell is shown with a funky French manicure. I used American Apparel's Mount Royal as the base with Wet N Wild Black for the black tips. I freehand drew the tips. I normally would have used those French tip stickers but I was too lazy to wait for the base to be really dry in order to use the stickers. I think I did an OK job though it was a little uneven in person. This was a fun look to do and I think the colors matched pretty well. I also liked the idea of having a French manicure since it seems like the type of style that Sydney would wear if she wore polish. It's traditional but also a little unexpected - like Sydney. 

Hope you liked this week's Manicure Monday. Have you ever had a reading brain fart like me? Thank goodness I am back home now and can start The Golden Lily. Have a good week!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.