Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

01 April 2013

Manicure Monday (10): Lover At Last


Hi! I am writing this post pretty late at night. I was supposed to get this done earlier but got caught up hanging out with friends and eating brownies. :) But Manicure Monday is here and I hope that you like it. This didn't come out exactly as I wanted but it's not too bad. Check it out below.

Lover At Last

Lover At Last

Lover At Last

As you can see, this week I have been reading Lover At Last by JR Ward. I have a Kindle copy (thanks, K!). I was trying go for a half moon manicure in blue and green to go with Quinn's eyes (he has one blue eye and one green). This was kind of an experiment because I was having the hardest time finding a blue and green that I liked. You'd think that someone with a polish collection as big as mine would not have this problem, but I did.

The green ended up being Nubar Reclaim layered over another green that was too dark. I put Reclaim down first and let it dry completely. Then I used some French Manicure stripes to block off the bottom part of my nail. I then painted on a really pretty metallic blue by Color Club called Personal Stylist. I wish my stickers had been a bit more curved so that the moons were more pronounced (sometimes they looked almost straight) but I still think it was a fun mani. 

Hope you enjoyed this week's Manicure Monday. Link up below if you participate! Thanks!
 




10 comments:

  1. I'll be lucky to get a manicure of any kind done this week, book or no! Love the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alethea You need to use the gift certificate I gave you. When are we going?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Let's make a date after the 14th. I'm swamped until then :(

      Delete
  3. ooh you guys need a manicure date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it's so funny, I was planning to do half moons this week, but I only had the french tip stickers at home too and I chickened out because I thought they wouldn't come out right! But yours look fantastic!!! I love that you went with his eye colour! Genius!!!!
    I haven't started on this series yet :( I have book one on my shelf and just never get time to start in on it! But hopefully I'll get time to start in on it soon!
    Gorgeous mani this week, my sweet!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, carmen!

      i know, i need to get those three hole reinforcement stickers for half moon manis. i think they look way better. you should totally read the brotherhood. i am such a fan. not every single book is a winner but, overall, the series is just so fun and hot. let me know if you start it.

      Delete
  5. Love the colors! EEEKKK LOVER AT LAST *le sigh* I need to get my hands on that book ASAP! So jelly right now. Are you liking it? Tell me you're LOVING IT!!! lol. Love the mani girly <3

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uh i am done, and it's pretty freakin' awesome. you need to get it asap, ana. soooooo good!

      Delete
  6. Clever manicure to go with the blue/green eyes. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.