Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

21 April 2013

Stacked (51): The One with Lemony Snicket


Good morning! Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. I am still recovering a bit from Festival of Books yesterday. I wish I could go again today but I have so many errands and things to run that I am sitting today's festivities out. But I do have some fun bookish goodies to share with you from the festival yesterday and some review books this week as well. 

For Review (NetGalley)


The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden & The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen - I have been heard really good things about this author and was surprised to find a couple of her books on NetGalley. I have to go see my parents at the end of next week and think I may read one of these while I am home.

Dare To You by Katie McGarry - OK so I still haven't read Pushing The Limits but I have a feeling that I am going to really like it. So I could not resist grabbing the second book on NG when I saw it this week.

Bought
Goodies purchased at LA Times Festival of Books this weekend.


Discount Armageddon by Seanean McGuire - I have been wanting to read this series for a while now and finally picked it up from the Mysterious Galaxy book. Love the cover.

A Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin - This fantasy series was recommended by YA fantasy author Cindy Pon.

Black Prism by Brent Weeks - Another fantasy series. This was given to me at the Mysterious Galaxy booth for buying 3 books. I have been wanting to read this and was excited to snag a free copy.

What Tears Us Apart by Deborah Cloyed - We ran across Deborah at the Harlequin booth. This is a romance set in Kenya. Deborah had actually been in Kenya before she wrote this. The unique setting sold me and I was able to get a signed copy.

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest - This was the last book I picked up at Mysterious Galaxy. Steampunk story that has been on my wishlist for a while.

Now for some fun stuff. I love picture books and there were a plethora of great authors signing this weekend. I was able to get a few books signed by some of my favorite authors/illustrators.


Heart In A Bottle The Hueys In The New Sweater by Oliver Jeffers - Love, love Oliver Jeffers. The Incredible Book Eating Boy and Lost and Found are two of my fave picture books. I was able to get two more books signed by him this weekend. Look at the cute illustration!


The Dark by Lemony Snicket & Jon Klassen - OMG the line for this was insane! Thank to my friend Crystal for braving it with me. I am a huge fan of Jon Klassen and of course like Lemony Snicket as well. I was really excited to learn that they were doing a picture book together. We had to stand in line for over 2 hours but it was worth it.


I also could not resist this adorable Hungry Caterpillar tote from Out of Print Clothing (picked up at the Vromans booth). They have so many awesome styles and I want them all!

That's my book haul for this week. Hope all you locals get to go out and experience Festival of Books as well. It's always lots of fun (and hot). I may be a bit scarce this coming week. My dad has to have heart surgery (again). I don't think it's major but, let's face it, any heart surgery is probably pretty intense. So I will be going home at the end of the week to be with my family. So think good thoughts for my dad if you can. I'd appreciate it. And I will try to schedule posts before I go so the blog isn't bare, but we'll see how that goes. Have an awesome week, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.