Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

22 April 2013

Manicure Monday (13): Shades of Milk and Honey


Hello, Monday! Thanks for coming by for today's Manicure Monday. This week, I am featuring Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal. Shades of Milk and Honey is a historical fiction novel in the vein of Jane Austen but with magic! I wanted to do something soft and ethereal to go with magical theme and the muted colors of the cover. 

I decided to do what is called a jelly sandwich. Basically you layer a glitter polish in between coats of a sheer creme polish (a jelly) to create a cool look where the glitter can be seen but it's a much more muted effect than a straight up glitter top coat. It's kind of hard to see in the photos since the color was quite light. 

Shades of Milk and Honey

Shades of Milk and Honey

Shades of Milk and Honey

You can see the glitter a lot better in the last photo. I used a base layer of OPI Funny Bunny (sheer white jelly), then 2 coats of a funky gold glitter (whose name I don't remember) and then another coat of Funny Bunny. I don't know if I loved this combo, but it was fun to experiment, and I did get a compliment on it at work.

That's my mani this week. If you decide to participate, leave a link in the widget below. I'd love to see more bookish manicures out there.  Have an awesome week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.