Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

27 June 2014

Uncovered (114): The Farm


Who says you can't judge a book by its cover? Uncovered is a weekly post where I show some cover love. Hope you enjoy!

Happy Friday again. I never get sick of Fridays. I hope you are all having a good day so far. Today I am heading out to Las Vegas for the ALA Annual Conference. I am really excited because I am going with a bunch of bookish friends and this is going to be like a mini vacation for me since I'll actually be out of town with nothing to do but relax and talk books. Follow me on Instagram if you'd like to keep up with what I am doing over the weekend. I am sure I'll be taking lots of bookish pics.

So today's cover love goes out to The Farm by Tom Rob Smith. I really liked Smith's Child 44, which is a really creepy and well written suspense novel about a serial killer. This is his newest book which just came out last week. This is another one that I saw at the bookstore the day (I totally troll bookshops for, well books, and for covers to feature on the blog). I like how this is done with a double exposure and the effect that it creates. The grainy image of the farm in the background is creepy and definitely gives this one a slightly ominous air. The figure in the foreground also grabs your attention and you have to wonder who it is and if they're up to good or not. The great, eye catching red-orange shade on the cover also makes this one stand out on the shelves.

I don't have much else to say about this cover except that I like it a lot and need to read it soon. Hope you guys liked today's pick. I will be out of town so you may not see me on the blog for a few days, but I'll be back soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.