Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

08 June 2014

Stacked (110)


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Hi, guys. Hope you're all having a good weekend. It's starting to really feel like summer here and, even though I don't love hot weather, I do love summer nights. I saw Maleficent last night (entertaining) and am seeing The Fault In Our Stars tonight. Everyone I know says they cried buckets at it so I am bringing tissues just in case. :) This week's book haul consists of a few library books and a couple of books that I picked up at a comic book shop sale. 

Borrowed


A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan - I've been meaning to read this book for a little while now. Love the cover.

Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn - I picked this up solely because the cover looked cool. I have no idea what it's about but I am going to read it. :)

Blood Kin and Iron Kin by M.J. Scott - I read the first book in this series, Shadow Kin, last week and really enjoyed it. My library had the next two books in the series so I went back and checked them out this week.

Bought


Figure Drawing for All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis - This is a really popular book for artists about figure drawing and it's been on my wish list for a while now. I was happy to find a hardcover copy on sale at the comic shop this weekend.

Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1: Revolution by Brian Michael Bendis - I am so behind on my comics so I was pretty restrained at the sale this weekend and only picked up this one volume. I haven't read X-Men in a long time but I like Bendis as a writer and figured this might be a good place to start and see what's been going on with the X-Men. I am also a fan of Chris Bachalo's artwork.

As you can see, I have lots to keep me busy this weekend. Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.