Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

23 June 2014

Manicure Monday (68): The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry



Manicure Monday is a feature that combines my love of reading and nail polish. Each week I'll show you one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure.

Hello, hello! Happy Monday, all. I hope you guys had a good weekend. Mine was pretty busy but fun. I am gearing up for ALA in Las Vegas this coming weekend. I can't believe it's finally here. I am pretty excited and am looking forward to having a bit of a vacation. It may be quiet over the weekend as a result of my being out of town. I might bring my laptop but I am not sure if I'll get on it at all. We shall see.

Today's manicure is based off of The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. This is my book club selection month and I have to say that I am really enjoying it. It's a pretty short read and I am about halfway through. Looking forward to discussing this with my book group.

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

To start, I did 2-3 coats of Ulta Cream of Corn on all of my nails except my thumb. It's a milky, slightly yellow creme that matched the cover pretty well. It wasn't a perfect match but it's hard to tell in the pics. 

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

To add some visual interest, I created stripes with stamping plate BM-423 by Bundle Monster and Zoya Pepper, a brick red.

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

I really did not feel like trying to paint the basket on the cover so I went with just the baby. Using acrylic paints, I drew the baby and book along with radiating white lines to mimic the cover. I painted a more defined white "splash" on my ring finger to match the cover. Above is a close up of the baby. Sorry, the refection is pretty strong and it's a little hard to see. I was actually pretty impressed with it though. In person it looks very close to the cover image.
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

On my thumb, I just did 2 coats of Zoya Pepper to keep things simple. That was it! This isn't my favorite book manicure. It's fine, but I think it's a little boring and I had a hard time coming up with an interesting design. 

I hope you liked today's manicure. I definitely recommend this book for all you reader and book lovers out there. I hope to finish it up in the next day or two. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.