Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

13 June 2014

Uncovered (112): The Bees


Who says you can't judge a book by its cover? Uncovered is my weekly post where I wax poetic about a current cover I am lusting after.

This week on Uncovered I have The Bees by Laline Paull. I spied this bad boy at the book shop this weekend and fell in love. Some people don't like bees but I find them to be such interesting insects and they are so eye catching with stripes and distinct coloring. This reminds me of an old B movie poster for a movie about killer bees. I love how the bees looks like they are bursting out of the cover and they really do look like they are swarming. The online image of this cover does not do it justice. In person, it has an awesome texture and has gold, metallic. I took a picture of it since I knew that I would not be able to show you how beautiful it is without a real picture.


The lighting isn't great but you can see how shiny it is. I like they chose s simple font, which I think emphasizes the chaotic nature of the bees. Yes, I definitely need this book my shelves. What you do guys think - awesome or icky? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.