Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

06 June 2014

Uncovered (111): A Darker Shade of Magic


Who says you can't judge a book by its cover? I do it all the time and Uncovered is a weekly post where I share a cover I am currently lusting after.

Hello and happy Friday. Things have been pretty busy here this past week. If you haven't noticed, we have a new blog design. I really like the new look and it'll probably still around for a while. The Fault in Our Stars came out this week and I have plans to see it on Sunday. I am not a crier by nature so I don't expect to cry during it, but I'm going to bring tissues just in case.

Today for Uncovered, I am featuring the upcoming novel from V.E. Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic. This is a great looking cover. I love the bright red/orange and how it contrasts nicely with the rich black. I like the ying/yang composition and the smaller detail of the maps within the circles. I can't see it at this size but I am wondering what they are maps of. I like how the figure seems to be straddling both worlds or walking between them. It kind of gives me an idea of what this book may be about. The font is also cool and reminds me of and old map or book.

Pretty pretty! I definitely want this one on my bookshelf next spring. Hope you guys liked today's pick. Go see The Fault in Our Stars and report back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.