Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

26 April 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say?: The Change-Up - The Wolves of Mercy Falls


Hi and welcome to a new feature here on Nite Lite called What Does the Bookworm Say? that I am doing with my friends at The Reader's AntidoteBooks Unbound and The Windy Pages. This week's topic is a recurring topic about cover changes. We are talking specifically this week about the recent announcement that The Wolves of Mercy Falls (aka Shiver) series will be getting a cover makeover in anticipation of Sinner, a new companion novel to the series.

So let's take a look at the original covers.


No I've been a fan of the original covers for a long time. Shiver is my favorite but I love all of them. I really like that they are illustrated and how they all go together but are still different. Each book also has text printed in a different color to match the cover, which is really cool. In my book, these covers are great and did not need updating.

Now let's take a look at the cover for Sinner and the re-vamped covers for the rest of the series.



As you can see, they have kept elements of the original covers, such as the trees, silhouettes and even the colors. But even though they are similar, I can't help but think that the new covers are so much more generic and cheesy looking. They look a little bit like a homemade Photoshop cover. Some of those can be awesome but look really flat and boring to me.

As you can see, I much prefer the old covers to the new ones. While I understand the desire to have continuity with the new novel's cover, I don't like the new style and I think they could have done without the revamp. That's my two cents. Let me know what you guys think of this cover change in the comments below.

And be sure to check out what The Reader's AntidoteBooks Unbound and The Windy Pages thought of this topic as well. If you have a topic you'd like us to cover, just leave it in the comments below. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.