Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

27 April 2014

Stacked (104)


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Hi, everyone. I am off to a bit of a late start today. Spent most of yesterday volunteering for the Pasadena Teen Book Festival. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw some pics that I posted. It was a really cool event and I'll probably be blogging about it over at Read Now Sleep Later in the next week or two. But I showed amazing restraint and only purchased one book yesterday. Let's see what I got this week!

Bought



This is the one book I bought at the festival. It's There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos. I had a chance to chat with Carrie yesterday and hear her speak and was just really impressed by her. I was also intrigued because the book from the point of view of a Filipino-American male. Carrie herself is not Filipino and when I asked her about why she chose to write the character as such, she said that she thinks that there needs to be more diversity in YA and that she, as a writer, was someone who could try to do something about that. There was more to it, but I thought that was really cool and it's also set in Eagle Rock, which is close to where I live. He also has a twin sister and, having a twin brother myself, any stores featuring brother/sister twins always interests me. 



I bought the entire 4-book Hearts of Anemoi series by Laura Kaye for less than $2 this week. Yes, you hear that right. The bundle for books 1-3 was on sale for $0.99 and book 4, which just came out this week, was also $0.99. I am not sure if the prices will still be this low when this post goes up, but you should definitely get these books if they are. I have heard really good things about them and am really excited to have all 4 now.

For Review


The Last Good Night (Parts I - V) by Tiffany Reisz - Another entry into the serialized book format. But this one is from one of my favorite authors so I had to request it.

Arrow by Monica Murphy - I am not usually into Highland romances but this one caught my eye on NetGalley. I mean, look at those abs.

And the book I am most excited about....


The Saint by Tiffany Reisz!! I was really surprised to see this one up on NetGalley this week. I downloaded it ASAP and can't wait to start. I have a couple of things to read this weekend but am hoping to begin this one next week.

That's my book haul this week. Have a lovely Sunday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.