Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

04 April 2014

Uncovered (102): Rooms


Happy Friday, everyone! I've been slacking a bit on my Uncovered posts, so I apologize. But I am back this week with a new pretty cover. Rooms is the upcoming release from Delirium author Lauren Oliver. I like this one a lot even though there's not much to it. Branches always give off a creepy forest vibe, which I think goes well with the ghost story plot of this book. The fractured image is also a bit unsettling. I can't tell from just this image but I wonder if the branches are paper cutouts. That would be cool. Sorry my description of this cover is pretty lame. All I know is that I like it and I would give it a second look on the shelf because of the cover.

What do you guys think? Do you like text heavy covers as much as I do?

In other news, this weekend is Yarn Crawl LA weekend. Yes, if you didn't know, I am a pretty avid knitter so it's going to be fun. I am also helping to host picture book author Salina Yoon at Unwind Yarns with her book Penguin in Love. If you happen to have kids and are in the Burbank are, please stop by. Event details here. I am also looking forward to seeing Captain America: Winter Soldier this weekend.  I am excited about the movie but I am really excited about seeing the opening sequence which was done by one of my all-time favorite artists and writers David Mack. I am going to have to fit that in somewhere this weekend. I've babbled on long enough. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.