Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

22 April 2014

LA Times Festival of Books - Day 2 Recap


Hi, guys. I am back with my recap of Day 2 of the LA Times Festival of Books. Shout out to my friends Kimberly at The Windy Pages, Nicole at The Reader's Antidote, Crystal from Books Unbound, Laura N and Aly from Kidlit Frenzy for hanging out.

My first top of the day was the Mrs. Nelons's book who was having a signing with Marissa Meyer, Robin Benway and Sarah J Maas. I brought my copy of Cress for Marissa to sign. She was a sweetheart as always and I was so glad she was at the fest.

Untitled

I did not have any physical books for Sarah to sign but was getting some signed for a friend, so I was able to chat with her for a bit, too. She was lovely and I think my friend saved her by giving her some sunblock. Sarah's seat was right in the full sun.


Untitled

Here is Robin Benway looking glam and beautiful.

Untitled

I really wanted to go to the Somewhere in Time panel with Ann Brashares and Melissa de la Cruz but the signing line took too long so we missed it. But we were able to run over to the signing line before it got started as I had a copy of The Ring and the Crown for Melissa to sign.

Untitled

Melissa isi always fun to see and she told me that she is currently working on the next book in the Ring series. While in line for Melissa, I took a few drive by photos of the other panelists. (Note that I do a lot of drive by photos when I don't have time to get in a line.)

Untitled

Here is Eoin Colfer. He's a very handsome and distinguished looking man. I haven't read any of his books but I think I need to change that.

Untitled

And here is Ann Brashares signing many books. I wanted to get a copy of Her Name is Memory signed but they did not have it for sale at the fest.  After the signing I stopped by the panel with Ava Dellaria and Steven Chbosky. Ava was there to talk about her new book Love Letters to the Dead. No pics of this one since it was dark and I was way in the back. Really interesting panel though. I have heard lots of good things about Love Letters and hope to read it soon.

Next we went back to Mrs. Nelson's for a signing with Amy Tintera and Emery Lord.  Here is Amy signing Kimberly's copy of Reboot. Amy was super nice and I kind of love her hair. 

Untitled

Next up was Emery Lord, whose debut novel Open Road Summer is garnering a lot of buzz. After meeting her I really want to read her book.

Untitled

More signings were next and we hightailed it to the Pages booth to see Rachel Hawkins and Stephanie Perkins. 

Untitled

Untitled

Our next mission was food but the food truck lines were insane. I really wanted a boba drink from The Boba Truck though.  So I waited in line for that and it was so worth it. :) 

Untitled

Drive by photo of Ava Dellaria.

But I didn't just stalk authors all afternoon. There were some great panels at the YA Stage and I was able to catch two of them. The first was Young Adult Sci-Fi: Fantastical Tales with Leigh Bardugo, Cecil Castellucci, Sarah J. Maas, Marissa Meyer and moderated by Andrew Smith. This was a great panel with lots of interesting tidbits and funny moments.

Untitled

Sorry for the awkward pic but we were way to the side of the stage and I could not get a really good angle. I also stopped by the YA Stage Told From the Heart Panel withmoderator Amy Spalding and featuring Stephanie Perkins, Emery Lord and Joanna Philbin.

Untitled 

It was a very fun panel as you can see above and a great way to end the day. Right before we left we swung by the Chronicle Books booth where everything was 50% off. You can met I bought some books from them. :)  This year's Festival was super fun and I had a great time. Can't wait for next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.