Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

18 April 2014

Uncovered (104): Smart


Welcome to Uncovered, a weekly post where I show you one of my current cover loves. Enjoy!

Hello and happy Good Friday, everyone. Do you guys get the day off or an early day? Sadly I don't and am at work right now. But I hope that it's a quiet day at least. I am really excited about the weekend. Last weekend was crazy with the LA Times Festival of Books and this weekend is WonderCon. I am probably only going Saturday in the hopes of not killing my bank account. We shall see.

Today's Uncovered book is Smart by Kim Slater. I didn't know anything about this book until I spotted it, I think, on a blog recently. And I immediately added it to my TBR list because of this gorgeous cover. I say it all the time but illustrated covers are my favorite and this is a really nice one. I really like the muted but still colorful shades on this and the handwritten style of the font. There are a lot of little details that I am just dying to see up close. It almost looks like a treasure map with the X marks the spot.  Love the whole thing.

Smart is a mystery involving an autistic boy who is also an artist. I haven't read too many books featuring autistic protagonists so this one should be pretty interesting. I am hoping that there are illustrations inside, too. That's my pick this week. Let me know what you think of it in the comments below. Hope you all have a happy, candy-filled Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.