Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

07 April 2014

Manicure Monday (58): Poison


Hello and welcome to Manicure Monday, a weekly post where I combine my love of reading and nail polish. Each week I'll showcase one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure. Enjoy!

Hello, Monday. Phew, I had a crazy and fun weekend. April is going to be just insane and this coming weekend is the LA Times Festival of Books. Is anyone else going to that? I have to figure out my schedule for it and get my books ready for signing. But right now I am going to show you a cool book manicure. Today's book is Poison by Bridget Zinn. I've had this ARC for over a year now and was prompted to finally pick this up after reading Kim's review over on The Midnight Garden. I've only read a couple of chapters so far but I think I am going to like it. (please pardon the paper cut on my index finger)

Poison by Bridget Zinn

This manicure was a little less planned out than my manicures usually are. I wasn't sure what book I was going to feature today but I wanted to paint my nails on Friday night so I crossed my fingers and painted them the color I wanted and hoped that whatever shade it was would end up working with today's post or else I'd have to remove it after only a day of wear. (And contrary to some people's beliefs, I definitely do not change my nail polish every day.)

Luckily the color I used was a good fit for this cover. I painted 2 coats of butter LONDON Lucky Muck on my fingers. Lady Muck is a pale grey blue with a bit of shimmer.

Poison by Bridget Zinn

Then, using acrylic paints and a very small nail brush, I painted on ferns and mushrooms to mimic the foliage on the forest floor. 

Poison by Bridget Zinn

Next I painted my ring finger with Zoya Gie Gie, a pale, shimmery pink as a base for the pig. I haven't gotten to the part where the pig comes in yet but I knew I wanted him on my mani. I mean, look how cute he is. After the pink dried I used acrylic paints to draw a very simple face for the little pig. 

Poison by Bridget Zinn

I used black and brown acrylic paint on my thumbs to create the branches and trees of the forest from the cover. I threw on a coat of top coat over everything and it was done!

Even though most of this manicure was made up on the fly, I like the end results. The little pig especially cracks me up. Hope you guys liked today's edition of Manicure Monday. Let me know if you've done a book manicure recently or have read this book. Thanks and have a week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.