Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

21 April 2014

Manicure Monday (59): Also Known As


Hi and welcome to Manicure Monday, a weekly feature where I combine my love of nail polish and reading to show you one of my current reads as well as a matching book manicure.

Hello, again! I hope that you all had a nice Easter weekend. I don't really celebrate Easter but it was nice to have a relaxing Sunday. A lot of stores are closed on Easter so it really forced me to just chill out. This week, I am reading Also Known As by Robin Benway. I just saw Robin at Bookfest last weekend which prompted me to move this up in my pile. It's a lot of fun so far and I hope to finish it soon.

Also Known As by Robin Benway

I wasn't sure what to do with this cover at first but, after a little bit of thinking, came up with some ideas. First I painted all of my fingers except my pinkie finger with 2 coats of Zoya Holly, a vibrant metallic green. Next, using Zoya Lara (hot pink creme) and a small nail brush, I painted the letters AKA to match the title font. It was a little hard getting the pink to show up on the green but I went over it a couple of times, which helped. 


Also Known As by Robin Benway

On my pinkie finger, I used 2 coats of Zoya Raven (dark metallic black) as a base. I then used a long, skinny nail brush and Zoya Dove (light grey creme) to create the pinstripes of the cover skirt.


Also Known As by Robin Benway

For my thumb, I wanted to do something a little different and found inspiration on the back cover. The back cover is taken up mostly by a large magnifying glass which I recreated with Barry M Mint Green for the middle and Zoya Dove again for the metal parts of the magnifying glass. I added a couple of white lines to make it look reflective and that was it!

Also Known As by Robin Benway

This manicure was pretty easy to do and I liked the results. Hope you guys liked today's manicure. Have you read Also Known As yet? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Have a good week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.